Sunday 5 July 2009

My grandmother has diabetes. Is it possible to survive diabetes?

I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother. It’s so hard to see a loved one struggling with sickness. But, you know what? God has a plan for your grandmother, just like He has a plan for you and me and everybody else on this planet. We just don’t know what that plan is. But, I can promise you one thing: God is good and He is good all the time. And we have to trust Him completely. Even when people suffer or are hurting or sick, we have to have faith in God’s plan. He does have His reasons. Sometimes that’s hard to do because we’re thinking, “Wow…that stinks. Why is this happening to me or my family?” I don’t have an answer for that. I just know I have to trust God’s sovereign will.

I will keep both you and your grandmother in my prayers. In fact, let me write a quick prayer for you now:

Dear Heavenly Father, I just want to thank you for these two people. I want to thank you for your Son, Jesus Christ, and gift of grace and mercy He offers. I come before You and humbly ask that, if it is your will, to please help with the diabetes. I know, Lord, that all things are possible through You and that You are the Great Physician. So, I lift up this grandmother to You in prayer. But, no matter what happens, we’ll still love You now and forever. Let your will be done in this matter. And we pray this in Your Son’s precious name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment