Friday 12 June 2009

How do you talk to God?

Awesome question! You talk to God through prayer. And guess what? It doesn’t have to be some fancy prayer either. All you have to do is talk to God like you would talk to your Father (because that’s what He is!). You don’t have to be ultra-religious…just talk to Him. Believe me, He loves to hear from you. He deeply cares about you and He knows every hair on your head! Isn’t that awesome?

I’ll give you a secret…but you can tell others this secret. I use a method called the T.A.A.R. method. It’s easy! Here’s what it stands for:

Thank God for everything He has done and created.
Acknowledge Him as the Creator of the Universe.
Apologize for any mistakes you made, either intentional or unintentional.
Request what you want or need. (Remember, He wants you to ask!)

Now remember, God always answers prayers. BUT, He doesn’t always answer them the way we want Him to…He answers the way He knows is best for you.

Wanna know another secret? Sometimes I don’t have anything I want or need. I just want to tell God how much I appreciate and love Him. Sometimes I ask Him, “What can I do today, God, to show my love for you?” I’m telling you He loves to hear that!

Never be afraid to pray or to talk to God. He loves you. He loves you so much He sent His one and only Son to die for you. He wants to have a personal relationship with you and when you talk to God every day He will never leave you or forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment