Thursday 11 June 2009

How do we know what God's plan is for us?

Excellent question!!! There are many references in the Bible as to what God’s plans for us are but my two favorites are John 10:10 and Jeremiah 29:11-13.

John 10:10 simply reads, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” That is how the NIV states it; some Bibles say that God came to give you life and to give it to you abundantly. That shows how much He truly cares for you. His plan for you is to have a life that is full of His grace and mercy!

In fact, in 2 Peter 3:9, it is written, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” So, you see, God doesn’t want anyone to perish (eternal death) but he wants them to have eternal life with Him in Heaven!

Jeremiah 29:11-13 reads, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Wow. The Lord of all creation loves us all so much that He wants us all to prosper and to be protected. He also wants to have a relationship with us through prayer! You see, if you seek God with all your heart He will never, ever abandon you or forsake you!

No comments:

Post a Comment