Saturday 17 October 2009

Where is Heaven?

Heaven is a real place - Jesus said so in John 14:1-3 when He said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”

Heaven is also known in the Bible as the “New Jerusalem” and it is an eternal city that is described beautifully and in-depth in Revelation 21 and 22. I think my favorite description is in Revelation 21:3-5 which reads, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new.'"

So, where is it exactly? No one really knows. It is beyond our Earth and beyond the universe. I know that is hard to imagine, but I just wanted you to know that no matter where it is, it is a real place and a place that has no sadness, no death, no mourning, no crying or no pain. We will have glorified bodies (and no one knows what those look like but we will know each other somehow) and we will be in the constant presence of God. Pretty exciting, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment