Tuesday 27 October 2009

How is Jesus alive if God is always alive?

Cool question! And the very cool answer can be found by looking in our Bibles.

In the Book of John, which is the fourth book in the New Testament, Jesus tells his disciples, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.” (John 14:9-11)

Jesus is explaining that He is God! There are many other places in the Bible in which Jesus says that He is God, too, but I particularly love these verses because Jesus doesn’t mince words or speak in parables here…He is pretty clear that if you’ve seen Him, you’ve seen the Father and that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him.

So, if Jesus is God and God is alive…then, Jesus is alive! Does that make sense? It can be a little confusing but once you realize that Jesus is God then you’ll know that He’s alive right now and watching over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment